Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a new social welfare scheme for free distribution of LPG connection to BPL households across the country. The interested BPL candidates can apply for the Ujjwala Yojana by filling up the application form (in prescribed format) and submitting at the nearest LPG outlet/distribution center.
Only the women candidate from the BPL households is eligible to apply for the scheme. The identification of the eligible BPL households will be done on the basis of SECC – 2011 (Rural) database. The identification of BPL candidates in urban areas will be done on the basis of more factors.
Application Procedure for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- The eligible/interested BPL candidates can go to nearest LPG outlet or distribution center and avail the prescribed Ujjwala Yojana application form for free. The application form can also be downloaded in PDF format from here.
- The women applicant then need to fill her name, contact details, Adhar Number, Jan Dhan / Bank account number, other details and declaration form at the end of the application form.
- Applicant can opt for any one of the two cylinder options i.e. 14.2KG or 5KG.
- Attach the required documents such as, copy of Aadhar card, bank account statement/passbook, residence proof in form of electricity / telephone / water bill or lease agreement or house registration document or flat allotment/possession letter.
- Submit the completed application form along with the attached documents at the preferred LPG outlet.
- The applicant details will be matched against the SECC-2011 data for eligibility by LPG field officials. Ujjwala Yojana list of eligible BPL candidates can be verified by checking the name in SECC-2011 data available on NIC website.
- Oil marketing company will then undertake de-duplication exercise electronically and other measures for due diligence for a new LPG connection.
- If the applicant is found to be eligible, the connection will be issued by the oil marketing company.
- The cost of connection will be borne by the Government.
- The applicants can also chose EMI option to cover the cost of stove and first refill of LPG cylinder.
Important points about Ujjwala Yojana application
- The details filled in the application form will be verified against authorized list of BPL population available with Oil Marketing Companies.
- Before releasing the new connection, the company will also verify and confirm the non-existance of LPG connection at your premises.
- If the applicant avail EMI to purchase the stove and cover the cost of first refill, the amount will be recovered from the subsidy amount of future refills by the applicant.
- The scheme provides cash assistance to cover the cost of Security deposit of Cylinder, Pressure regulator, cost of DGCC, Suraksha hose and installation and administrative charges.